UPDATE: POSITION FILLED
Interested in joining a friendly and hardworking team with a passion for paper? We have a full-time design position opening this fall and we'd love to hear from you. Contact us if you or someone you know would be a good fit! To apply, email a resume, cover letter, link to your design work, and a PDF of 1 birthday card design that would fit in with our line to email@example.com.
FULL-TIME GREETING CARD DESIGNER
Hours: 40 hours a week Start date: Fall 2017
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing fresh, new designs for Smudge Ink’s wholesale card and gift line based on our current look and industry research. The Designer must be able to push the envelope by introducing new ideas and techniques that will help further develop the line while remaining true to our vision.
- Researching and understanding current trends in the fashion, stationery and home décor industries.
- Submitting designs promptly based on the given release schedule. Working with others to make sure product releases are efficient and organized.
- Regularly discussing feedback, sales analysis, scheduling, and projects.
- Preparing design files and ordering polymer plates for production as needed. Printing and delivering all spec sheets to Print Manager for each new product.
- Working on special design projects as needed (example: company holiday card, customer mailings, custom wholesale cards).
- Assisting at trade shows (e.g. National Stationery Show in May) and with social media posts.
- Managing your time as you juggle designing for our wholesale line, for licensing opportunities, and for special, in-house projects.
- College degree preferred
- Experience in graphic design is required
- Very strong Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills required
- Must be flexible and a reliable team player
- Knowledge of both Macs and PC platforms
- Social networking (Instagram and blogging) experience is desirable
- Basic knowledge of the letterpress printing is desirable
To apply for this position, please send a resume, cover letter, link to samples of your design work, and a PDF of 1 birthday card design that you think fits in our line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the application process, anyone considered for the position will be asked to participate in round two which involves the submission of additional designs.