Hello, folks! We have been busy with a lot of projects, and it’s about time that we catch up and share some of the behind the scenes with you. First up is a modern take on a seaside wedding affair with lots of unexpected touches and sass.
This photo shoot was the brainchild of Brea McDonald and Azalea Events with whom we were very excited to work. Red and white stripes, a vintage tandem bike, and a magnificent home off the rocky shores of Maine were some tidbits that were described to us — it sounded like way too much fun to pass up! We were immediately inspired by the meaning and playfulness of the tandem bike and kept this as the focus for the paper details. Using bright red and gold inks, we paired the imagery with clean type going at an angle for a bold statement. We designed and letterpress printed everything from the invitation suite to the escort cards, menus, signage, and coasters.
I sadly could not make it to the shoot but the photos say it all. Seeing all of the creative elements come together from the bike wheels turned chandeliers to the champagne bar on the beach made me smile in glee. And lucky for us, the talented Meg Simone worked her magic and caught the highlights of the day on video. To top everything off, this oh-so-pretty shoot made its way in the first issue of WellWed Maine and New Hampshire. We are thrilled not only for the opportunity to work with such inspiring wedding professionals but also to be in the pages of Well Wed Magazine!
photography by Brea McDonald Photography // event design by Azalea Events // cinematography by Meg Simone Wedding Films // catering by Kitchen Chicks // floral design by Blooms Flower Shoppe // dress by Madeleine’s Daughter // props by Day Trip Society // letterpress stationery by Smudge Ink
- Holiday Gift Guide: Foodie
1) Kate Spades’s Recipe Box is a great gift that can be filled with a few of your favorite recipes to add a personal ...
- Holiday Gift Guide: Gardner
1) This boxed note set is perfect for post-holiday thank you notes and is sure to be a hit with any flower lover! 2) ...
- Holiday Gift Guide: Animal Lover
1) This coloring book is sure to please your animal lover and keep them busy for those long winter months! 2) For tho...