Hi there! My name is Meaghan Cahill; I’m a junior Illustration major at Lesley University College of Art and Design and Smudge Ink’s fall intern. When I’m not illustrating or working, I’m usually either watching The X-Files or making zines…or both.
This year Thanksgiving falls on the 27th, which happens to be my grandmother’s birthday, who, along with my other grandmother, passed earlier this year. This holiday seems to always be centered around Black Friday shopping, but I think most people forget what Thanksgiving is truly about: it’s about being thankful for what you have, and telling people what you are thankful for. It’s in the name, people!
Here’s a small list of what I’m thankful for this Thanksgiving, in no order:
- My family, friends, and my cats, without them I wouldn't be who I am today.
- My Nana, for teaching my dad how to cook (and how to not burn the house down)
- My Mimi, for teaching my mom how to make the best pie you’ll ever have
As an homage to my 9-year-old self who used to make place cards out of construction paper, I thought I would create something that anyone could use to spruce up their Thanksgiving table. These are perfect for place cards for your dinner guests or as food labels. To print these place cards, I've provided a couple options:1) This Word document allows you to type out your text in a template that can be printed on Avery Tent Cards. The cards simply pop out of the paper.
2) If you’re planning on using regular card stock paper, use the PDF document which includes guides to help you cut out the cards.
-Here’s a tip: if you’re using these as name cards, have each one of your guests write what they’re thankful for somewhere on the card.
- Holiday Gift Guide: Foodie
1) Kate Spades’s Recipe Box is a great gift that can be filled with a few of your favorite recipes to add a personal ...
- Holiday Gift Guide: Gardner
1) This boxed note set is perfect for post-holiday thank you notes and is sure to be a hit with any flower lover! 2) ...
- Holiday Gift Guide: Animal Lover
1) This coloring book is sure to please your animal lover and keep them busy for those long winter months! 2) For tho...